The Competition is open to all students from year 10 through to year 13 studying at school, sixth form or college. We want to hear from you and understand your thoughts on some of the current real world questions being asked of lawyers and business professionals.
Answer one of the following questions to be in with the chance of winning some fantastic prizes. There are 6 prizes to win in total:
- Best overall criminal justice essay (law)
- Best overall challenges facing businesses essay (business)
- Best in the South
- Best in the North
- Best in the Midlands
- Best in London
Criminal justice essay questions
- Is the criminal justice system diverse enough?
- Does everyone get a fair trial?
- How do you defend reasonable force?
- How do the Police deal with critical incidents?
- Stop and search
- Voting age
Challenges facing businesses essay questions
- Will artificial intelligence replace humans in the workplace?
- Has e-commerce destroyed the traditional company?
- How can managers maintain productivity in changing times?
- How will businesses need to adapt due to Covid-19?
The essays will be judged by a host of talented professionals in the business and legal world. You can find their profiles here.
Don’t miss out, the closing date is 31st August 2020.
How to enter
- Write your essay answering one of the questions above – you can choose either to submit a criminal justice essay or a challenges facing business essay
- Browse through our resources page to give you an insight and starting point to some of the topics
- Research using online sources or any books or journals you have
- Write the essay, with a length of 1000 – 1500 words
- Submit it on the entry page of this website
- Entries close on 31st August at midnight GMT
The University of Law
The University of Law is one of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education and training in the UK, with campuses for our Undergraduate degrees in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Guildford, Leeds, Manchester and Nottingham.
In 2019, The University of Law was awarded a silver rating in the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF). We were found to deliver high quality teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and consistently exceed rigorous national quality requirements for UK higher education.
Our undergraduate courses combine academic rigour with practical skills to provide you with the essential groundwork needed to begin your journey into a variety of careers. Our courses are available as full-time, accelerated, or online courses, so you can choose the study method that best suits your needs. Many of our courses also come with a Foundation Year option.
ULaw Business School brings ULaw’s expertise in quality education and outcome-focused training to the business world, with undergraduate and postgraduate programmes that focus on practical learning, personal development and employability.